Radisson Hotel Group, one of the world’s leading hotel groups, looks with cautious optimism to 2022. It is positively strengthening its presence in the Middle East and continuing its regional expansion in Saudi Arabia with two new openings underway before the end of the year. year, contributing to the Group sealing more than 250 hotels signed since the start of the pandemic.
With more than 75 hotels in operation and under development in the region, the Middle East remains a key focus of Radisson Hotel Group‘s global strategy. This year, the Group continued its development momentum, adding more than 2,000 keys to its Middle East portfolio, including several milestones such as:
- Launch of the Radisson brand in the region with the opening this year of the 481-key Radisson Damac Hills.
- Doubling of the Group’s presence in Jeddah with the addition of over 600 rooms, most of which will open in 2022 with the launch of the Radisson Individuals brand in the region.
- Also double the Group’s presence in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, by adding nearly 1,000 rooms and serviced apartments in Thakher City.
- Later this year, the opening of the Radisson Resort in Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates marks our entry into this prosperous emirate. The opening aligns with growing demand for resorts, with a second resort opening in Palm Jumeriah in 2022.
- Bringing the second Radisson Collection hotel to Riyadh with Mansard Riyadh, scheduled to open in the first quarter of 2022.
As part of Radisson Hotel Group’s five-year expansion and transformation plan, the dynamic group is set to strengthen its position as a global leader in the region, striving to reach 100 hotels by 2025. By the end of 2021 , Radisson Hotel Group will have opened 4 hotels and 1,500 keys this year, including the opening of Radisson Riyadh Airport, as well as the sixth hotel in Riyadh with the introduction of Radisson Blu Hotel, Riyadh Qurtuba.
Elie Milky, Vice President, Development, Middle East, Cyprus, Greece and Pakistan at Radisson Hotel Group, said: “The year was marked by various achievements, from key signings and numerous openings to brand and product launches with the launch of Radisson Individuals and the opening of more resorts. We have signed 2,000 keys and opened 1,500 keys in the key markets of UAE and Saudi Arabia as we establish scale in line with our development strategy. In 2022, we aim to build on this momentum as we seek to open another 1,500 keys with the aim of entering even more markets in the region. We continue to focus on diversifying our product offering with our owners and investors as we develop more hotel complexes and serviced apartments in response to the strong demand for these attractive hotel real estate models; while maintaining our dynamic conversion strategy to remain competitive and attractive in the face of the changing needs of the hotel investment landscape.”
Tim Cordon, Senior Vice President, Middle East and Africa at Radisson Hotel Group, noted: “I couldn’t be more proud of our teams across all departments and properties for these remarkable milestones that wouldn’t be possible without them.As the Middle East remains a key market for us, our expansion ambitions in the region remain firm as we continue to accelerate our presence with exciting openings and signings to come as we head into 2022.
Building on the success of the Group’s five-year expansion and transformation plan, Radisson Hotel Group is ready for the travel rebound. It remains firmly committed to becoming the brand of choice for owners, partners and guests.
© Press release 2021