With the Eid travel rush fast approaching, Emirates teams are preparing to welcome over 700,000 customers into DXB Terminal 3 this holiday season.
The busy travel period is expected to begin on April 29, with the highest traveler volumes the weekend before Eid, but travel is expected to remain high through May 9 and through both weekends. The most popular destinations for UAE travelers getting away or visiting friends and family for Eid include London, Istanbul, Manila, Cairo, Paris, Casablanca, New York and Los Angeles.
For travelers based in Ajman and the Northern Emirates, there’s no better time to skip the DXB queues and take advantage of the airline’s now 24-hour Ajman check-in service. .
Customers can now check in up to 24 hours before their flight and up to 4 hours before departure. Emirates has also worked with the Ajman Transport Authority to extend the bus schedule to DXB, and now offers an improved check-in experience, with medical document checks, boarding passes and they can also check-in their luggage completely before their practical trip. bus trip to DXB, bypassing the queues and going straight to the door.
For customers traveling via DXB, Emirates offers the following tips for a stress-free journey:
• Arrive early! Customers are advised to arrive at the airport at least three hours before their flight departs to allow sufficient time for check-in, health document checks and immigration formalities.
• If you choose to drive, allow extra time to avoid traffic entering Terminal 3. Alternatively, customers can take the Dubai Metro with direct connections to Terminal 3.
• Use the airline’s 48 self-service baggage claim machines, 32 of which have a bag drop function. Emirates customers can check in as early as 24 hours before their flight departs, and passengers traveling to the United States can check in 12 hours before departure.
• Park! Passengers can also use the parking check-in facility from 24 hours and up to six hours before departure. With no parking fees, customers who get dropped off at the Terminal 3 Departures car park will have even easier and more convenient check-in options for a smoother trip to the airport.
• Recording comes to you; Emirates customers also now have the option of reducing their waiting time with 25 roving mobile check-in ports in the departures hall. Customers can obtain their boarding passes, weigh their luggage, label it and have all their questions answered by the check-in staff.
• Emirates Biometric Pathway in Terminal 3 provides a seamless journey from dedicated check-in counters, dedicated Emirates lounges and boarding gates. Without document checks or queues, passengers can use the biometric path to quickly complete all their formalities.
Customers who check in less than 60 minutes prior to departure will not be accepted for travel. Once checked in, passengers are advised to ensure they arrive at their boarding gate on time. Gates open 90 minutes prior to departure, boarding begins 45 minutes prior to flight and gates close 20 minutes prior to departure.
Emirates will not be able to accept passengers arriving late at the gate for travel. Check-in and gate closing times will be strictly adhered to to ensure flights depart on time and to avoid impact on operations.
Customers are also reminded to review travel conditions to their booked destination by checking the latest updates on Emirates Travel Hub. – TradeArabia Press Service